Friday, May 25, 2007

I Adore This Boy!

This was the scene in Josiah's room last night when I peeked in on him on my way to bed. Jeff had tucked Josiah in bed; and since Josiah insisted he wasn't tired, Jeff had allowed him to look at books in bed until he fell asleep--an excellent idea. :) It was so heart-warming to see him sleeping, surrounded by teddy bears and books. I was half-afraid to take this picture because I thought the flash might awaken Josiah, but he slept right through it--he's a sound sleeper.

I'm sure I'm not the only mother who finds it much easier to lavish adoration on their children when they're asleep, rather than awake! :) As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him asleep." So true! But I do adore Josiah both awake and asleep, and I constantly thank God for the essence of Josiah--those God-given qualities that make him who he is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute!. I allow Trinity to read in bed if she acts like she isn't ready to fall asleep. She usually "reads" a few books to her brother and then falls asleep with one in her lap. So much for not being tired!