Saturday, May 12, 2007

My Big Plan Update

About a week ago, I wrote about being discouraged by unfinished projects and devising a new plan to write down 5 extra (small) projects on a weekly basis that I would strive to accomplish. I am pleased to report that the first week went very well! All 5 tasks were done, and it really did help my frame of mind to see those jobs written down, then crossed off when I finished them. Knowing that there were only 5 really helped, too. At one point in the week when I was lagging and not wanting to do two tasks which I had procrastinated a long time about, I could talk myself into doing them by telling myself that when they were done, I would be finished for the week and wouldn't have to worry about any more special projects for this week. Accomplishing 5 out of 5 was much more mentally rewarding than accomplishing 5 out of, say, 12 (or however many I could squeeze into the margins of my planner page, which was my previous method!). :) I'm looking forward to week two of this experiment!

No comments: