Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Beginning

I still can't imagine how I'm ever going to get caught up on this blog (although I DO realize nobody's keeping score and it doesn't really matter if I get "caught up" or not!)...but I still regret the sands of time that are slipping through the hourglass so quickly, without me capturing them by writing down a memory. So, not really knowing where to start, I'll do a pregnancy update. :)

~ Still hard to believe I'm pregnant
~ 7 weeks today
~ Doing better than my last pregnancy, as far as being further along with no danger signs present
~ Feeling TIRED
~ Also feeling somewhat emotional (Jeff, you have my permission to snort at the "somewhat" part, since you alone know how I've really been)
~ Not having "real" morning sickness, but seem to have lost my appetite, and I can't convince myself to eat certain foods at all...finicky stomach
~ Did feel nauseated in the car during our Monday trip as we were driving through hilly, curving roads...not sure if that was pregnancy-related, or if I would have felt sick anyway...I had cut up a lemon and taken it along with us, and sucking on pieces of that helped me deal with my upset stomach
~ Have gained some weight already (that's not supposed to happen)
~ Am feeling like my stomach is bigger already; can't seem to suck it all the way in anymore (this, also, is not supposed to happen yet!)
~ Was hoping for an ultrasound today, but it didn't work out
~ Am really looking forward to seeing a beating heart on the screen; don't think I can really relax until that happens (although I feel hopeful and trusting overall)
~ First official prenatal appointment is June 13, which also happens to be Josiah's 5th birthday
~ Wondering how to balance being pregnant with caring for two young active boys and nurturing my marriage and paying attention to all the other obligations I have
~ If a genie popped out of a bottle and offered me one wish in all the world, I'd probably choose an ultrasound...which is silly because I KNOW I'll get one eventually, but I'm finding it difficult to be patient in this area...I feel like part of life/my heart/something? is on hold until I see that heartbeat...silly, silly, silly

1 comment:

Julie said...

Your feelings aren't silly, Davene! Hate to be the one to say that you just may need to slow down (trust me here).

Hugs to you!!!