Thursday, May 10, 2007

Jeff's (Very Busy) Day Off

Yesterday Jeff...

~ buried a dead rabbit (our old white mama rabbit finally died)
~ took both boys shopping at WalMart while I had my riding lesson
~ carried in all the groceries and unpacked them from their bags
~ gave the boys some food for lunch
~ made homemade salsa
~ made two kinds of homemade cookies--chocolate chip and no-bake--with Josiah's "help"
~ grilled steaks for our dinner
~ cooked potatoes for our dinner
~ played with the boys outside (especially with a new foam airplane that Josiah got at the store yesterday)
~ fixed my dad's office computer (an on-going project!)
~ was in charge of getting Josiah ready for bed and tucked in last evening

I'm sure there's probably more that I'm forgetting!

And where was I during most of this time??? I was in the garden wrestling. Wrestling??? Yes, wrestling--first with our ancient tiller until it ran out of gas and then with a vicious patch of wire grass that has attacked our rhubarb patch and made itself at home there. Between my sore legs from my riding lesson and my sore arms and shoulders from my weed-pulling/digging/wrestling, I can certainly tell I got a work-out yesterday! For me, that's my favorite way to exercise--much better than endless trudging along on a treadmill. :)

No comments: