Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dad Doesn't Know...

...that I took these pictures! One of the joys of living up the hill from my parents is spying on them. :)

Although my dad doesn't normally do laundry, I did catch him in the act of taking some clothes off the line the other day. I happen to know that it was a busy day for my mother, and she had a lot of things to do before they left to attend a viewing that evening, so I can imagine her asking Dad, after he finished his work at the office and walked home, to please go out to the clothesline and bring in the laundry. (Actually, I don't know exactly how their conversation went because, although I do take pictures of them without them knowing, I do not have their house bugged!) :) I'm so grateful for a dad who is willing to lend a hand to help his family--even in situations that he doesn't usually find himself.

This isn't the first time he's helped out...then been photographed by his personal paparazzi...then had his picture posted on someone's blog! :)

~ if you look closely in this picture, you can actually see the clothespins flying out of my dad's hand into the laundry basket

3 comments:

Misty said...

I love the new blog template! So Spring-y!!

Anonymous said...

For all that want to know, I was not told to take down the clothes. It was because I saw the need and wanted to help my wife out. I am going to have to watch what I do because with a local paparrazzi I am never sure that I won't be discovered.
Her dad

Davene said...

Well, well, I'm even MORE proud of you, Dad! I love it when people see a need and help it!!! Can you give my sons lessons in this? :)

(Actually, to be fair to Josiah, he's pretty good at this for a 5 year-old. Just this morning, David needed something that he couldn't reach and I was nursing Tobin so I couldn't get it. Josiah immediately offered to get it for him.)

Anyway, way to go, Dad!!!