Friday, March 28, 2008

Party Prep

No time for much blogging tonight! But here are a couple pictures of my good helpers as we prepare for the party for Tobin. After looking forward to this event for so many weeks, it's exciting to think it's almost here! I feel remarkably calm and not stressed-out, and everything seems to be proceeding as planned. I meant to get a picture of my mother and my friend Amy who were here this morning chopping veggies, making country ham sandwiches, and doing other food prep; but I completely forgot to get out the camera while they were here--oops! I don't know what I would have done without them since their extra hands made the work go so much faster--and be more enjoyable, too! :)

It's been really fun to involve Josiah and David in the preparation for this celebration. Josiah, in particular, has wanted to help as much as possible. He even declined an invitation to my parents' house tomorrow morning (a place he LOVES to go) so that he could go along with me to Shady Oak to help set up! My little man! :)
~ Josiah and David putting gravel in bags which we then covered with colorful tissue paper; these will be the weights in the center of the tables to hold the balloons which are the centerpiece
~ Josiah pulling grapes off the stems

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Make sure you snap a few photos of the party! You're little helpers are too cute in their jammies, and I LOVED that picture of David and Tobin sharing a hand! How sweet!

Misty said...

Isn't it great when they can actually truly be a help to you?! I can't wait for the party, sounds like a lot of fun!