Sunday, March 16, 2008

So Proud

This was the weekend of our church's Easter play, with performances last night and tonight. Our neighbor Wilma babysat Tobin and David for me last night so I could attend, and it was FANTASTIC! I was on cloud nine after the play...and I wasn't even in it. :) But my family was, and they all did such a great job. Josiah got to be one of the children in the crowd in several scenes, my parents both sang in the choir, and Jeff--oh, Jeff!--was Jesus. A huge role. Lots of lines. Vitally important. And he did it magnificently. Such passion he brought to the part!

This is one of those nights when I wish so much that I had more energy and brainpower to stay up and write a longer post. But it's been a long week, and I'm dragging...dragging myself up to bed. :)
~ Jeff with Josiah on his left (looking adoringly up at his daddy)...during the Triumphal Entry scene
~ during the Last Supper...Jeff speaking a blessing in Hebrew over the fruit of the vine
~ the choir, with my parents in it

5 comments:

Christin said...

I LOVE that picture of Josiah with his Daddy. So adorable

Crystal said...

You should be proud, Davene. Definitely an Easter to remember for your family.

Bek said...

seems like you have a Christlike husband. :) being punny and serious. how awesome, what a treasure. :)

Chris said...

Jesus sure does have a sexy beard in that play...LOL ;) Have you made him trim it up yet?

Davene said...

Chris, I didn't "make" him do anything! :) But, of his own free will, he decided to trim it. When he got home last night from work, he was a new man! Nice short beard, haircut...it was great!!! :)