Wednesday, March 26, 2008

From Weekend to Weekend

This picture has nothing to do with this post, but I just thought I'd throw it in here to show off the tremendous art being produced around this place recently! :) After Jeff, Josiah, and David saw the Dr. Seuss movie last weekend, Jeff got the boys these painting books...and they got to work. To the best of my knowledge, this was the first time David painted anything. Can you guess who painted which picture? Answer at the bottom of this post...

Each of the past few weeks (and the coming weeks) has been merely preparation for the big events of the weekend that follows, it seems. One week was devoted to getting ready for the Easter play. The next week was preparation for Easter. This week is all about Tobin's party. The following week will be getting ready for being gone part of the weekend to a marriage retreat (and Jeff preaching in our church that Sunday). Maybe the event of the weekend after that will be a day trip to Pennsylvania to see the cousins we didn't get to see over Easter? I really feel like I'm living weekend to weekend, not even able to think about the next weekend until the events of the current one are over with. Each week brings a new focus.

In between all of these events, I'm trying to continue to do all the one hundred and one things that make a household run smoothly, that contribute to Josiah's education, and that help my husband and children feel loved and secure.

There's not a lot of time for extras--especially this week--since I do have quite a few things to do to prepare for the party on Saturday. Fortunately, the preparation is going well, and I have good helpers. But what I don't have is a lot of time for blogging...

On another note, here's a link to a documentary that looks very, very interesting. Thanks, Crystal, for alerting me to this! Somewhere I have an article along these same lines that I've been wanting to post about for a while. Maybe one of these days, I'll find it! :) If you do go to the website, you can watch a trailer which only takes a few minutes.
* Answer to the question above: David painted the one on the left, Josiah did the one on the right...which, knowing their personalities, makes sense. Josiah grieved that he didn't have gray paint for the elephant (which would be correct!), but decided to use blue, and therefore put blue where it belonged (on the elephant and the water) and green where it belonged (on the leaves). David randomly painted various colors wherever he thought they looked nice! Orange, green, and pink water? Sure! A speckled elephant? Why not! :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I guessed David on the left and Josiah on the right!

They look great! =)

Unknown said...

I guessed right, too! I combined Boo's birthday with EAster to make an EAster party -- on his actual day we'll just have a little family party. That's how I'm keeping things manageable this year.

Misty said...

Isn't it great that their personalities shine through in their art. I knew right away that the more organized and "purposeful" one was Josiah's...love them!