Sunday, March 9, 2008

Easter Eggs

What to do on a Sunday evening when two boys are craving their daddy's time and attention? Well, the first idea was to fly a kite; but lack of sufficient wind soon brought that activity to an end. Next on the agenda: decorate Easter eggs!

This was much more successful, and gave the boys a pleasant, creative evening.
~ Daddy demonstrates how to do it
~ writing on the eggs with an old candle stub before dipping them in the color was a fun way to personalize the eggs
~ Daddy's fancy glitter egg
~ the completed project (minus one that broke when Jeff was trying to blow the raw egg out of it...Jeff's glittery egg was done this way; since it's hollow, we can keep it...but the rest are hard-boiled and will be eaten--but not before pictures were taken to preserve the memory!)

5 comments:

Marie said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!!
I want to color easter eggs now!!!

Thanks for your sweet comment Davene!! I love reading your posts!!!

Chris said...

Davene,

Your husband is looking more and more like Jesus with that full beard!

Don't you love it! Makes him look so Biblical...LOL

JFisher777 said...

Yes...the beard is wonderful! I have been tempted to keep it, even after the big play! :)

Christin said...

I'm getting ready to try my hand at blowing the "stuff" out of the egg too. We'll see how it goes. :D

Thankfully my girls weren't in here as I was reading your blog. They'd be wanting to do Easter Eggs "right now!" *wink*

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to decorate eggs. Jaedan is finally old enough to dye eggs (or so I think). Any tips on how to keep him from drinking it??