Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What Made Me Smile

Here are some things from the past week or so that have added to my joy...
~ finding this little guy sucking his thumb in his crib...I first found him this way early in the morning last Tuesday, March 4; and since then I've discovered him doing this a few other times...I think it is so cute!...and I love the fact that he is getting better at self-soothing (which means he's getting better at sleeping...which leads me to my next point...) :)

~ Tobin sleeping through the night...I wrote about the first time that he did it...since then, he hasn't been perfectly consistent about sleeping through the night; but Saturday night, he slept a full 8 hours, and Sunday night, he slept 8 and 1/2 hours straight...I'm so grateful!!!

~ Tobin rolled over!...last Tuesday, March 4, at Josiah's choir class, I had put Tobin on the floor on a blanket...he was on his back, but soon he had rolled over onto his right side, then--what do you know?--he had rolled onto his tummy!...he had no idea what to do next, so when he fussed, I "rescued" him and picked him up...I was so surprised that he did this, and I think he was, too...he hasn't done it since, and maybe he won't for quite a while?...I looked back in David's baby book; and he had an early episode of rolling over (except from his tummy to his back--different than Tobin) which wasn't repeated for a long time after that, so maybe Tobin will be the same way...anyway, "firsts" are always exciting :)

~ David's affection for Tobin...last Monday evening, Tobin was in his bouncy seat in the kitchen while we were eating supper...he had some spit-up on his chin; and David announced, "He has spit-up," then he went over and picked up the burp cloth and gently wiped Tobin's chin for him, just like I would do...what a great big brother!

~ bird songs...changing the subject just a bit!...in the mornings these days, as I lie in bed for a minute or two before getting up, I've been noticing the delightful sound of birds singing outside...spring really is close at hand, and the music of the birds is just one of the delights of the season for which I'm thankful

~ my dad's compliments...at least twice recently, Dad has remarked that he likes my haircut...if you know my dad, you know he's not a "gushy" guy :)...so when he does give a compliment, it really means a lot...thanks, Dad!!!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

How sweet of David! And rolling over and getting his thumb in his mouth- wow! He's getting big!

Lisa said...

All great news---thanks for sharing!!

ps. Jeff's Easter beard is lookin' good!:-)

Crystal said...

8.5 hours! That's great!! And I love the way Tobin's hair sticks up...so cute. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love when women are grateful for the little things! It really shows that your priorties are in order. I'm so tired of hearing the negative sides of motherhood. Thanks for the bright side.

Elizabeth said...

I have been meaning to tell you that I love your new hair style! Tell your husband that he has a great eye and he did such a nice job!

=)

Christin said...

All great things! Especially the sleeping through the night!!!! Thank you JESUS!

So do we get to see the haircut that your dad so loves? :)

Julie said...

I am partial to the first pictue. I think it is so sweet when thumb suckers finally find their thumb OUTSIDE of the womb. I wonder if it's like finding an old friend...since it was probably easier to snuggle up with a thumb in mama's belly. Once born, it's a whole new ballgame trying to negotiate those limbs! Precious! (I had 3 thumbkins...Caleb, Chloe, and Kanah)