Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sorting Through Picture Files

It never fails: as I wade my way through accumulated picture files on the computer, trying in vain to get them and keep them organized, I always find pictures that I haven't posted; and I think, "Well, I'll just put this on the blog really quickly. Maybe Aunt Kim in California would like to see this!" :) So here are some miscellaneous pictures from recent days...

~ Josiah had bought this cash register some time ago--probably last summer--using his birthday money, I think...it had been enthusiastically played with for a while, then (as is so common) pushed aside and forgotten...now it's been resurrected (I love how toys can be so interesting again as they cycle around), and David has really been having fun with it
~ just like his big brother, David loves numbers; and this cash register is a good way to practice them...another thing about David and numbers: this morning after Josiah finished his schoolwork, David picked up Josiah's math book which had been left lying on this little desk; and David found a chart of numbers and started counting each one as he put his finger on it, "31, 32, 33, etc."...he was having a great time, and Josiah was so excited about what David was doing that he called me into the living room to see what was going on!
~ yesterday was Jeff's day off; and first thing in the morning, he suggested to Josiah that they go to Wal-Mart together and buy some doughnuts for breakfast...so off they went and returned with a dozen delicious goodies...we all sat down to enjoy a yummy treat, and David soon got his doughnut (with chocolate icing and--his favorite--RED decorations) smeared all over his face and hands...while we ate, Jeff told us about how, in his growing-up years, his dad or mom would often go out early in the morning and bring back doughnuts for everyone--to the delight of everyone in the family!

~ this is a picture that Josiah drew yesterday, I think; and the reason it's so special to me is because it's the first (if my memory is correct) picture he's drawn that has included all five of us in the family...in this drawing, at the bottom left of the picture is a tall sunflower, and then our family is beside it: Jeff, me, Josiah, David, and Tobin in a stroller--each figure getting smaller and smaller until Tobin is actually smaller than the wheels of the stroller, and all of us are dwarfed by the huge tree he drew next to us...just for my memory's sake, I'll also mention that at the top of the page is a sun, of course, followed by lots and lots of clouds...in the sky are two airplanes and numerous birds...and at the bottom of the page is a round pond with two fish in it (who happen to have sad faces because they're soon to be eaten by the birds)...when Josiah was showing the picture to my mother, he told her that the birds are crows and she said, "Well, crows don't eat fish"...so today Josiah told me that he changed the faces on the fish to happy faces! :)

2 comments:

Christin said...

I love random peaks into your life.

AND I LOVE surprise donut runs. Well...except when I'm unable to EAT said donuts due to pregnancy funk. *wink*

xo

Marie said...

You sure have so many sweet things to post! I love the donut surprise!
On Saturday mornings my family and I would go get donuts and coffee and then go garage sailing! So cozy!