Sunday, March 2, 2008

Time for a Change

For a while, I had been asking Jeff to cut my hair--more specifically, to trim my hair--since it had been a long time since it had been cut at all; and it was so long that when I put it up in a hair clip, it pulled down and gave me a headache. (Plus, little Mr. Tobin is getting good at gripping things--including my hair!) But for one reason or another, we never got around to the haircut. Suddenly today, I realized that my hair was long enough to donate to Locks of Love...so why not cut off enough to donate to them? I wasn't really planning to have my hair cut short; but, after all, my hair will grow again, so why not go for it? Jeff agreed, and tonight the deed was done. :)
~ before
~ after
~ my hair for Locks of Love
~ holding Tobin afterwards...it will be fun to experiment with this new length in the coming days to see what it will do...and by the way, isn't Tobin getting so big? his neck is so much stronger; and although his head still bobs around sometimes, he's definitely getting good at holding it up
My hair FEELS so different!!! I'm thrilled with it and very grateful that Jeff was willing to cut it. I know it's a sacrifice for him because he really prefers my hair long. I will grow it again for him! But I was glad to hear him say that it reminded him a lot of how my hair was when we first met in Israel 12 years ago...in fact, he even called me by the nickname he first gave to me before we were even officially dating, which was sweet to hear again. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Snap!
I also had my hair cut short just two days ago! I guess it was about as long as yours before, and about the same length after, too. And it feels neat and styled and light and lovely. And I somehow feel more 'grown up'. I didn't shed a tear about it at all.
Boo, on the other hand, insisted on a haircut, but when he looked in the mirror at the new 'do' declared firmly that he didn't like it. Hours later he began wailing, and it took a minute or two to understand what he was saying between sobs. "I don't look like a handsome prince anymore!" he moaned. "My hair's not long."
Incidentally, Frodo turned up with his hair shaved that day, too.
And thanks for the blog comment, too. It's nice to know you read and think about comments, especially on topics that are so personal. I'm always afraid that I might upset someone if I have a different view to them, but you are wonderfully open and receptive.
I guess I am conflicted about a large family, though, as I have such romantic notions about having many siblings. And I'm yet to come to terms with the idea that, since my only sister's death last year, I am now essentially an 'only child', which seems to me a terrible thing to be. I would hate Boo to have to grow up (and old) alone, and even two siblings doesn't seem to be enough to ensure this won't happen to him.

Bonnie said...

I like your hair too! Is yours somewhat curly? I would love to cut my hair short, but it is so uncooperative( wavy on one side, straight on the other, won't hold heat curls in places, looks like I just rolled out of bed, etc.)so its staying longer for now. Ithink flipping your ends up a bit would be cute- actually it kind looks that way in the pic.

Lisa said...

Cute haircut; It must feel good!

You look great! Tobin is getting so big. What a cutie!!!