Saturday, November 1, 2008

30 Days Thankful

Each year as November arrives and Thanksgiving approaches, I am glad for the opportunity to pause and reflect on things for which I am particularly grateful. Rather than sitting down and trying to write all the things I can think of at one time, I want to stretch out this exercise over the whole month: hence, a new blog category for me, 30 Days Thankful.

Day One
- One of the many things I appreciate about Jeff is that, during times of financial uncertainty, he shields me and our boys from that stress. He's an incredible buffer for us; and although he might mention to me that he's concerned about money or that we're stretched financially, he deals with the issue mostly by himself and leaves me free to relax, knowing that he'll take care of us. This is probably why I never (no exaggeration) worry about money. Thank you, Jeff, for being not only an extremely competent provider, but also a wonderful shock-absorber, always cushioning me and our sons from worry about whether we'll have enough money for the necessities of life.

~ an old picture from March 2005 of Jeff and Josiah in the Sea of Galilee...Jeff holds all of us as securely as he held Josiah's hand in this picture

3 comments:

Emily Joy said...

I think it's a wonderful blog category! I'll come back to read another '30 days thankful'!

Sally said...

What a wonderful exercise! I should do something like that. It is so easy for me to focus on the hard and difficult things, and completely overlook the many blessings God has given me. Thanks for your good example.

Unknown said...

Faithfulness -- in all ways -- should never be underrated. It's one of the most precious attributes anyone can have. Only if someone is truly faithful can you feel total trust in them.