Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Must Be Dreaming

This afternoon an angel appeared on my doorstep and GAVE ME A CANON REBEL! I am in complete shock and have almost been rendered speechless. I knew this friend of mine was dropping by today, and I looked forward to seeing her. But I'm not exaggerating when I say that never in a million years would I have guessed that she would have given me such an extravagant gift. I am over the moon with joy about this and want to do nothing else but take picture after picture after picture, stopping only to read more in the manual, then take more pictures to learn and experiment and get used to this new camera.

I have SO MUCH more to learn, but it didn't take me long to fall head over heels in love with the Canon Rebel. Actually, I think this picture was all it took...
It was so very easy to take this picture with my new camera--yet seemed an impossible feat with my old one. To get the focus on just one ball of cookie dough, to have the blurred background, to do all of that in poor lighting--I'm just in awe.
Jeff was working on the computer downstairs this evening, but kept hearing me take pictures in the kitchen. He knew I was supposed to be working hard to get ready for Thanksgiving, so he had to tease me about not getting my work done because of being so distracted by the camera. I assured him that I was only taking pictures when I was waiting to take a batch of cookies out of the oven. I wasn't wasting time; really I wasn't! :)
In addition to taking multiple pictures of the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I baked to take to my brother's house in Pennsylvania tomorrow, I also took plenty of pictures of other random objects. Decorations on the wall...the stairs...a canister of straws...candles...a plastic cup...
...and even Tobin's toys. The boys were all in bed, or I would have made them be my models!

I still can't believe this really happened today. Tonight I am giving thanks for the completely unexpected, over-the-top generosity that was shown to me today! WOW!!!

14 comments:

Misty said...

Wow that really is exciting. Those are pretty great picures! Did you take them in manual???

Emily Joy said...

That's great Davene! Those pictures are really good! I like the fuzzy backgrounds :)

Misty said...

I meant to ask what lens you have with it...now, like me you will ALWAYS want to have your camera with you

Chris said...

Yes!! We love our Canon Rebel also! And you just thought Misty was a good photographer when actually it was the camera...LOL j/k Misty is a good photographer... I love you Babe!

Chris said...

The "I love you babe" was to Misty..LOL In retrospective, it looked like it was to you Davene...LOL I don't want Jeff to open a can of whoop-butt on me :)

Margie said...

That's TERRIFIC Davene. I'm thrilled for you! What a wonderful gift! I'm so looking forward to the new pictures we'll see with it. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Jeff, Josiah, David and Tobin. And congratulations on Tobin's new tooth! How very exciting. Have a great day today!

Polly said...

How awesome! I'd love to have such a nifty camera, what a great gift!!! Your photos are awesome!

MrsTribble said...

AWESOME!! Congratulations i just read about your pregnancy!
Have a happy Thanksgiving Day!

P.S. Little Tobin is getting cuter and cuter by the day =P

Blackwell said...

WOW Congratulations!!! I've been wanting a canon rebel for a while now... You'll have to let me know how much you like it!! :)

jeanette said...

what a SWEET friend to give such an amazing gift. that must be a great camera..those pics are awesome.

Unknown said...

That's the same camera I have ! It is amazing what a difference a great camera makes to pics, even if you never learn anything else about photography ever. I look forward to seeing lots more wonderful photos of you and your babies!

Mamajil said...

What an awesome blessing!

Sally said...

The pictures look really good, just like a magazine cover! Andrew Googled the camera name, and it looks like a nice one. I'm glad you have it. I know you'll put it to good use--and we'll get to see the pictures!

Unknown said...

Someone gave you a Cannon Rebel? OM! That's incredible! I've had mine for almost two years and Darrel just bought me a new lens "for Christmas." Are you on Facebook too? I found your through Crystal's blog and have been enjoying catching up a bit. I love how you are REAL, I tend to share some of the "yuck" of life, because that's just how it REALLY is! You can find me at http://hisbestforme.blogspot.com

Blessings, Heather (Cooper) Baker