Sunday, November 2, 2008

Simple Sunday - Quilt

~ thankful for the beautiful quilt, pieced by my mother, that my parents gave to us for our wedding...it was a complete surprise...I didn't know she could piece a quilt! :)...the pattern is called "Star of David" and is a tribute to our love of Jewish things...and the quilt itself is a tribute to a mother's love
Day Two - I'm combining my Simple Sunday post with my 30 Days Thankful one today; and since I'm sharing a picture of my bed, let me just say that I'm so very grateful for the faithful husband Jeff has been all during our marriage. Was that discreet enough? Hmm...maybe this also belongs in the "Keepin' It Real" category! ;) Seriously though, a man who keeps his marriage vow is a treasure beyond description. I am so blessed.

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure. - Hebrews 13:4

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And do you know something I'm thankful for? You! Looking over my posts from a year ago (the Rose Show post) I realised that you commented then, so we have 'known' eachother for over a year now. And I have so much respect and admiration and affection for your writing and for you yourself. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Davene! I love your 30 Days Thankful idea! I might have to copy it and make up for a couple days I've missed. :-)

Sally said...

From horror stories I hear, you are right in listing a faithful husband as one of your "thankfuls". I wish it was more the norm, even among those who profess Christ.