Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Tuesday

Has this presidential campaign really been the longest ever in history, or does it just seem that way to me? Whatever the result, I'm simply glad that it's over--so glad, in fact, that I was tempted to make that my Day 4 item for 30 Days Thankful.

However, what is more significant to me personally is a characteristic of my beloved husband so here is my real Day 4 thing to share.

Day 4 - I'm so thankful for Jeff's fresh ideas of fun for our boys. This has shown up in the blog before--i.e. tenting in the living room, inventing a game, etc.--but when Jeff did it again the other night, I realized again how good he is at this. The photo below shows the latest memory-making moment for Josiah and David; and just in case it doesn't all make sense, let me explain it a bit. There are two hula hoops stuck vertically between the couch cushions; the boys like to put them there when they're pretending that the couch is a ship. Jeff's addition to the activity was to drape a few blankets over the hula hoops to create a little hide-out. What little boy doesn't love a hide-out? I've seen the hula hoops on the couch dozens of times, yet never once thought of putting blankets over them. I so appreciate Jeff's creativity and desire to create special moments for and with his sons.

3 comments:

Emily Joy said...

that sounds really fun! I may have to try that... :)

Unknown said...

Love this idea -- what kid doesn't love a hidey-hole? We're constantly building cubbies.

Mamajil said...

very fun!! My kids love to do this!!
Tents in the den and picnics under the dining room table....are two of my little guys favorite things!

Great Memories!! Great Post!