Saturday, November 15, 2008

Family Life

Day 15 - As I think about the gift of family today, it is easy to know what to say for my 30 Days Thankful post...I am so very grateful for Jeff's good relationship with my parents. Too many times, the in-law relationship is stereotyped as something horrible; but not so with us...and I give thanks continually for that!

Here are some recent family moments I caught on film. When I see them, I'm simply reminded of how sweet it can be to live so close to extended family. What rich relationships our boys have with my parents!
~ Grandma and David snuggling on the couch before supper, while David does some pages from a kindergarten workbook (a recent fun activity for him which completely surprised me, but he kept asking to do more and more pages!)
~ on that same evening, Grandpa listened to Josiah read a book...having both Josiah and David occupied productively and happily made that particular night pass without a piranha hour :)
~ our living room on Nov. 10
~ a closer look shows Grandma in a rocking chair with two boys on her lap listening to a story...and both of them are sucking their thumb :)
~ Nov. 12 - Tobin turned 10 months old! what a big boy!
~ some fun snuggle time with Daddy
~ Josiah didn't want to miss out, of course, so he came running and climbed up on the top of the couch
~ this morning, Josiah and David climbed up on a chair by our Thankful Tree and were busily reading what everyone wrote last night :)

********

In other family news... A good friend of mine in Singapore sent me this info a few days ago about a way to make a positive difference. The least I can do is pass this on so that those who wish can become involved in this way. It only takes a minute or less, but is very significant.

I'm writing to let you know about a terrible piece of legislation called "The Freedom of Choice Act" (FOCA).

FOCA would establish the right to abortion as a fundamental right (like the right to free speech) and wipe away every restriction on abortion nationwide.

It will eradicate state and federal abortion laws that the majority of Americans support and prevent states from enacting similar protective measures in the future.

Please read the expert analysis by Americans United for Life (AUL) and sign the Fight FOCA petition
here.

2 comments:

Mamajil said...

What a treasure for your children!!
They will have the best stories and memories to tell!! My mother in law has almost always lived with us on our property and the children have enjoyed the treasure of a grandma on a daily basis. My parents live 11 miles away so they have that treasure as well. I think its wonderful that you caught these times on film!!

Sally said...

Yes, it is a tremendous blessing to have good in-law relationships. I'm so glad your parents can interact with your children so much. I really appreciate and treasure all the times we girls had with my Grand-daddy as we were growing up. I'm sure your boys will treasure these memories too.