Monday, January 12, 2009

Our Yearling

In the blink of an eye, Tobin is one. How that happened so fast, I'm not quite sure. Nevertheless, the calendar says it is now January 12, 2009; and that means a full year has passed since that indescribable night when he was born. I hope to post more birthday pictures tomorrow, but for tonight here are some recent photos of him that make my heart lurch when I see them because I realize that my baby, my little Tobin Bear, is progressing steadily along the inevitable path of growing up. Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way; but my heart can still lurch, can't it?
**********
~ Jeff took these pictures of Tobin on the rug on December 13...I love his wide-eyed curiosity as he watches the people and things around him so intently
**********
~ at Christmas, my brother brought us this carseat that their youngest son had outgrown, since they knew we would soon need to use our infant carseat for the new baby; and these pictures were taken on January 4, the first time Tobin rode in it...this was also the first day that Tobin didn't have any kind of morning nap; and by the time we were on our way home from good old Country Cookin' in the early afternoon, he was exhausted...to me, he looks so little in this big carseat!...I like the way protective big brother David is watching over him in the bottom picture (taken, by the way, after we got home and were parked in our garage, not along the way somewhere; we may be country, but we do not let our boys wander around the minivan while we're driving) :)
**********
~ another first for Tobin, this one on January 7: after-dinner storytime on Grandma's lap...I'm sure this scene will be repeated countless times during the coming years until Tobin is too big to fit on Grandma's lap!

Happy first birthday, sweet Tobin! You have lit up our lives this past year, and we will never stop thanking God for the profound gift He gave us in you.

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Tobin! I can't believe he's one already!

Great photos.;-)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little person your littlest is turning out to be. Congratulations to you, too, Davene, for being such a lovely mum to this darling for his first year. I know it was a busy year for you.

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Cute Boy!
Seriously Davene, how can you be around such cuteness (all 3 of 'em) all day and get anything done?

Mamajil said...

Davene,
Isn't it amazing how 12 months fly by!!! Ramsey is just a bit behind Tobin and already my heart is lurching too!! Thanks for checking up on me :) I am back!! Take care hope all is well with you!!!

Happy Birthday Tobin!!!
hugs,
mamajil

Shell in your Pocket said...

Happy Birthday to him! It does go by so fast..enjoy every minute that passes!
-sandy toe

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe he is 1! Such an adorable blessing you two have :)

Kristen said...

It is so awesome, and yet a touch sad to watch our little kids grow up...Happy Birthday Tobin!

Charree said...

Happy Birthday Tobin!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Happy Birthday to little Tobin! I can't believe how fast the first year goes, can you? How is it having a b-day in January to celebrate? I am worried my new little one will feel jipped because of Christmas, but there's not much I can do about it, is there? Is it OK for you?
Carrie

Misty said...

Happy Birthday Tobin!!!! It feels like yesterday I was bringing my 1 month old over to visit you and new baby Tobin! (guess we'll be doing that agin this summer huh?)

Margie said...

He's ONE? I was thinking he was around oh, 10 months or so. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the candle. My, how time has flown. I think I first got to know Tobin at around 4 mos old. Seems like yesterday.

MrsTribble said...

Oh my word he's already one!?

Happy Birthday Tobin!

Sally said...

I know what you mean. I look at Hannah and can hardly imagine that soon she will be a year old (March). I don't have any little baby any more!
Tobin looks cute. I know you all love him to death.

To Carrie, my birthday is in Jan. too, and I don't remember ever feeling jipped by Christmas when I was growing up, and I still don't feel that way. Maybe I just never thought of it.

Anonymous said...

He is SO cute!! So is my nephew. :) (I know - not even fifteen and already bragging about my nephew! But seriously!! Check him out at www.sotazzydesigns.blogspot.com =)

Unknown said...

January 12 is a special day at our house too! The twins turned EIGHT and I have spent the better part of the week weepy over how fast time is flying by!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday, Tobin. I cannot believe a whole year has passed. I remember all the anticipation of checking your blog every day this time last year and waiting for the announcement of his arrival. Crazy how fast time goes.

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday, little man. My heart literally hurts a little bit as I realize how quickly this year has flown by.