Saturday, January 31, 2009

Through My Eyes, a Wedding

Two weeks ago was the day of Hillary's wedding. I took tons of pictures, came home and deleted lots, and realized as I scanned through the photos that I didn't take any of the usual wedding shots. I barely got a picture of Hillary and William together! Instead, I entertained myself by taking pictures of who matters most to me--my family--as well as some other random shots just for fun. Next time I go to a wedding, I just might try paying attention to the main actors in the drama! ;)

Here is who and what I captured:

~ Jeff and Josiah waiting for the ceremony to begin
~ David amusing himself before the ceremony by writing in the wedding program (see how well he holds a pencil!)
~ at last, here comes the beautiful bride!
~ on to the reception...I had come equipped with lots of table activities so that no matter how long the wait, Josiah and David would be entertained
~ Josiah takes his coloring very seriously :)
~ pretty colors
~ on our way to the wedding, we had stopped at McDonald's; and in the boys' meal, there was this dog toy (I guess it's from a recent dog movie; obviously, I'm out of it when it comes to the latest movies)...these little dogs were a huge entertainment for the boys, both in the minivan during the long drive and during the wedding and reception...the dogs have largely been forgotten now, but on that day, they were important! :)
~ David at the reception
~ he did his fair sharing of coloring
~ and, in addition to that, he and I put together a small puzzle; but I forgot to take a picture of that :)
~ table decorations (these are oh-so-important pics!) :)
~ more table decorations
~ I caught Gloria, one of Jeff's co-workers, yawning...
~ and then she gave me her beautiful smile
~ Monica, another co-worker
~ and Nikki, also from the barbershop
~ finally! a picture of William and Hillary!~ and one of the napkins :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where does Jeff work? I'm thinking those ladies look familar!

Great photos!

Davene said...

West Side Barber Shop. Have you been there? ;)

www.westsidebarbers.com

Margie said...

Davene, great photos! I am impressed, especially, by the way David holds the pencil. Elizabeth's still getting the hang of it. Like you, I tend to focus on immediate family with photos; it's hard not to!