Friday, September 14, 2007

Fall Decorations

Besides Christmas decorations, my favorite decorations are for fall. I wasn't raised celebrating Halloween, so I skip the jack-o-lanterns and skeletons; but the pumpkins, apples, scarecrows, etc. are my cup of tea!

On Jeff's day off this week, he took the boys for a while and gave me the wonderful gift of time alone at home. I got to clean--really clean--the kitchen/living room, and also got to get out these fun decorations. They're certainly not fancy, but even these simple things are meaningful to me because of all the memories associated with them of where and when I got them, who gave them to me, where I've displayed them, etc. These things aren't things for me; they're love (good sign of a "gifts love language" person which I definitely am!).




4 comments:

Julie said...

I am smiling, because these are the decorations that were out when I met you a year ago! I remember noticing how "fallish" everything looked. The welcome sign was very welcoming,as was your home, and here we are a year later. My life is richer because of your friendship.

Jolanthe said...

Hi Davene -

Love the top header of your blog site. Your house isn't hte only thing that you are decorating, is it? :)

By the way, you are looking great!

Jolanthe

Lisa said...

Lovely! We are doing a few Autumn projects around here as well. (Not blogged about yet though! lol) It is so nice to have a change in seasons. I love Autumn weather!

Foxy5 said...

Fall is my favorite time of year too. I LOVE all of the decorations that go with it (not the halloween stuff). I've bought a few new ones this year and promised my husband that I'm done - for this year. :) Your house looks beautiful and very fall festive.