Saturday, September 15, 2007

When Pictures Are Not Enough


I wish these pictures I took this evening accurately conveyed the impression I'm trying to give: the cool, crisp air so characteristic of fall and so welcome after the summer; the blueness of the sky today (in these pictures, the sky looks white, but it really wasn't!); the brilliance of the sun slanting across the freshly-mowed yard this evening; the intensity of green in all the foliage; the blue hue of the mountains in the distance. I often wish I could study photography and improve my skills in this area; but really, I realize that not even the most talented photographer could completely capture the feel of the air tonight and the beauty of the scene.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Although you're disappointed with the photograph, it still does look as though you live in an enchanted place. How lovely!

Anonymous said...

It was such a beautiful day yesterday! A perfect fall day.