Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Found!

From talking to other moms and reading other blogs, I know that "discoveries" of this sort are par for the course in many other homes, especially homes in which lots of children dwell together in loving harmony--and mild chaos. :) But in our home with two children (I know, technically three, but the little guy isn't leaving his toys lying around the house yet), we don't usually have toys strewn about in such "interesting" places.

Today however, as I opened this cupboard to pull out plates for lunch, I found Josiah's "man"--a silly (to me) plastic action figure that he got in a McDonald's kids' meal one time. That is precisely the kind of toy I am eager to throw away as soon as I discern that no one is interested in it; but this time, Josiah and David both quickly attached themselves to their "men" and I never had a chance at discarding them. Yet. :)

I don't know how many times in the past few weeks we've had near panic in this household because one or the other of the boys couldn't find their man. The men seem to be needed when we go on trips, when it's naptime, when it's time to take a bath, when it's bedtime, etc.--needed for a short while, then carelessly tossed aside until the next time panic breaks out and suddenly dear Mommy has to drop everything to find the man.

I'm beginning to realize that the boys need to take some responsibility in this area, too! They (especially Josiah) are old enough to keep track of their things; and if Josiah's man is so important to him, he can remember where he is. That's not my job, right? :) Well, we'll see...

In any case, today I was amused to find the man hiding with the plastics. He almost looks like he's trying to escape, don't you think? :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I often wonder about the toy characters that I find around the house. My boys enjoy their action figures, too, so they live in a bin together (most of the time), and when I discover them out and about, I try to return them to their home.

Yes, we make many discoveries around here, the likes of which even cyberspace may not be able to contain!!!! Thanks for posting your discovery!

Julie said...

I often wonder about the toy characters that I find around the house. My boys enjoy their action figures, too, so they live in a bin together (most of the time), and when I discover them out and about, I try to return them to their home.

Yes, we make many discoveries around here, the likes of which even cyberspace may not be able to contain!!!! Thanks for posting your discovery!

Julie said...

Hey! How did I make it on twice??? Twice as nice, I guess.