Sunday, September 2, 2007

First Gift

In Friday's mail, I was shocked to see a very special package for me from my friend Valerie: Baby Brother's first gift, warm little slippers to keep his toes cozy--a perfect gift for our first winter baby! The slippers say, "Thank heaven for little boys." :)

Valerie is such a special person. The daughter of my well-loved kindergarten teacher, she is a homeschooling mom who was highly influential in our decision to homeschool Josiah. She is the kindest of mentors and, if she was a boy, should be named Barnabas because of how encouraging she is!

Thank you, Valerie! I treasure this gift--and even more, I treasure your friendship. I hope to be like you when I grow up! :)

2 comments:

Christin said...

AWww!!! Sweet! I didn't know that you still kept in touch with Valerie (as in last name starts with B, right?)

May the blessings keep pouring forth!

Davene said...

Yes, Valerie B. is the one! :)

We had not really been in touch for years, but after we moved back here and were considering educational options for Josiah, she sent me a very long, very helpful email...and we just picked up from there. This isn't the first time I've gotten an unexpected blessing from her in the mail; she's just that type of person! Wonderful! :)