Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Start 'Em Early!

One of David's latest and greatest pastimes is going into our garage and climbing up on our lawnmower to pretend to drive it. He thinks this is so much fun!

Disclaimer #1: I know letting a 2 year-old play on a lawnmower is not highly recommended as far as safety goes, but the lawnmower is not on (and can't be turned on) and we don't leave him unattended to wander around the garage and play with whatever looks fun to him. Plus, we have a doctor on the premises, and he can fix anything, right?

Disclaimer #2: I know our garage is a horrible mess, but I decided to post this picture anyway--it's good for my humility. Anybody want to come help me clean out our garage???

3 comments:

New Mom said...

Only if you promise to help with mine next. Too many baby things and Christmas decorations can really pile up!

Julie said...

That garage will be perfectly clean once the "nesting instinct" kicks in! That's how we'll know it's time for you to have your baby. When I was in labor with Katie, Steve emptied out the little outside storage closet and was cleaning it (our version of a garage in the tiny place we lived). I have the pictures and tease HIM about nesting!

It's funny to look back and see the things we do before the baby comes. It's been different things for different kids, but with my Jan. babies, there was TONS of food in the house (I remember laughing at how much fruit I bought from Costco...piled in the pantry). With one (Chloe?), the cabinet of glassware in the kitchen was completely organized right down to the parallel teapots. Never like that before or like it since, but at the time it HAD to be done!!!

Last summer before Kanah it was the flower beds/hanging baskets. Must be completely weeded and deadheaded every night, because, well, you just never know!!! Baby must come home to beautiful flowers/organized home/plenty of food. Haha!!!

Davene said...

Julie, that's funny to hear about your various experiences with nesting. Isn't it something how women are like that? Such an innate drive in us, I guess. :)