Friday, September 14, 2007

Chocolate-Covered Strawberries


Back on my birthday, my sister-in-law sent me a delicious gift which I enjoyed so much but never considered trying to make myself. I was delighted, however, to read on another blog a few months ago a very simple recipe about how to make chocolate-covered strawberries. I fully intended to make them soon after finding the recipe, but you know how that goes. Time got away from me, and I didn't actually try them until last night. Well, let me tell you, these were a hit!!! Truly easy to make--truly scrumptious to eat!
I changed the recipe a little bit and used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate because I personally prefer semi-sweet over dark; but I am eager to make it again and experiment with different kinds of chocolate, even white chocolate. I also added more shortening than the recipe called for because it didn't seem to get to a good consistency without more butter. One thing I probably should have done differently was to reheat the chocolate mixture after a little while, because the first berries I dipped in it did beautifully, but towards the end, the chocolate wasn't going on the berries very smoothly. In any case, they all tasted great--and they all got eaten! The boys and I finished them off for lunch today, and Josiah was very sad that he couldn't have more.
Thanks, New Mom, for a great addition to our family favorite recipes! And to any of you readers who live nearby, if you come over to our house in the future, you may find yourself being served these! :)

1 comment:

New Mom said...

Glad you liked the recipe. Hmmm... I think I have a few strawberries in the fridge...