Monday, September 24, 2007

Home Again

After almost every trip we take, I find myself thinking the same thing: it's good to go, and it's good to come back! There truly is no place like home!

Having said that, we had a FANTASTIC time at the beach. This short post is only the tip of the iceberg, of course...and I have scads more pictures and stories to share. But better a little something than nothing at all when it comes to blogging. (By the way, I also have scads of work to do today, just to get things organized and get back into the routine again. I have so much to do that I can hardly figure out where to start! But I did want to post something here...)

~ I love these two pictures of David's young little hand holding my mother's not-s0-young hand as we travelled down the road :)...David got to sit beside Grandma most of the time in the car, as well as most of the meals we ate at the beach house; and he would often stick out his hand and reach for her...so sweet!
~ one of the purchases I had made before we left was a book of mazes for Josiah to work on throughout the week...he was simply engrossed by them as soon as he began, and he actually finished doing the whole book during the first day as we were driving to the beach...the money I spent on that book was undoubtedly worth it for the sake of keeping Josiah entertained during a LONG ride

2 comments:

Julie said...

Welcome home, Davene! You were missed! So glad you had a fun, refreshing time. Take it easy getting "back into life"...by the way, Kirk is into mazes right now, too. That book looks fun!

Glad to have you home :-)

New Mom said...

Davene,
I'm so happy you are back! And I am so jealous! Wish I were in NC right now! I'm just wondering whether it was hot enough to swim? I have never been to the Outer Banks (you know how it is, when you grow up in a state, you rarely take advantage of it's sights. Then when you leave, you regret that you missed so much!) I do hope to go sometime soon though.

That is a really sweet picture of David's hand in your mom's. What a treasure! I think it would look beautiful done in black and white.

It's hard getting back to the normal routine with all the unpacking and laundry to do, but when you get a chance, check out my blog. Finally finished that sideboard! While you were out gallavantin' I was up to my ears in sawdust and paint ;)