Saturday, September 29, 2007

Strangers

The computer and I have not spent much time together this week. I'm still as fond as ever of the old beast, but recently he's been landing WAY down on the list of priorities. Extra things have crowded in this week--good stuff like a houseful of guests last night for our small group potluck and fellowship time, children's choir rehearsal for Josiah, music class for David, swimming class for Josiah, an appointment with the midwife for me, a planning meeting for a church service for me, etc.--so I have a suitcase still waiting to be unpacked from vacation, laundry in every stage of being done and undone (piles on the laundry room floor, a load in the washer, a load in the dryer, clean clothes upstairs in the laundry basket, clean clothes on the guest bed waiting to be folded, folded clothes waiting to be put away), an ever-increasing stack of papers and books to be gone through and dealt with, and on and on.

Ever felt like you needed a vacation to recover from a vacation? Well, I feel like I need a vacation to recover from the RECOVERY after our vacation. This week of trying to get back into the groove of regular life has worn me out! I'm beat. It won; I lost. All I can do is try to hang on and get a better start on next week.

Anyway, just wanted to post something to say I'm still here in real life, just not in blogland, and everything is fine. Hopefully next week will bring more time for writing...

2 comments:

New Mom said...

I know just what you mean!

Christin said...

YES!!! I need one BEFORE the vacation...as the packing and planning is exhausting. AND AFTER...for all those reasons you just mentioned. ;)

But the time in between is ever-so-worth it.
Love you my friend. Blessings as you get back in the swing of things