Thursday, September 6, 2007

To Have the Heart of a Child, Part Two

David's prayer a few nights ago...(as best as I can transcribe it) :)

Me: Dear God

David: Dear God, bless Day-dee [David], bless I-yah [Josiah], bless Mommy, bless Daddy, bless--ah, ah--Mama [Grandma], bless Baby, bless Mama [Grandma got double blessed!], bless Bah-paw [Grandpa], bless...

Josiah: Wilma

David: bless Wilma, bless Wani-

Josiah: bless Doug

David: No!

Josiah: hey, hey, don't take a picture of me

David: bless Wanita, I love you, A-

Josiah: MEN!

David: Amen, bless Doug. [laughs, walks towards me, starts to put thumb in mouth]

If this brings a smile to my face, I wonder what kind of a grin God gets when He sees it. How He must laugh sometimes! :)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I wanted to comment yesterday, but the comment box wouldn't come up.
That prayer is so cute!
I too think that the Lord smiles and loves those first little prayers and songs children say and sing.
Audrey LOVES singing and her favorite church song right now is-"Inconscrobible, Uncontangable, You placed the scars in the sky and You're knowin' my name You are my mazing Go-od" Translates- Indescribable, Uncontanable(SP?) You placed the stars in the sky and you know them by name, You are amazing God.
I know how much I love hearing her cute little mixed up songs, and I'm sure the Lord loves hearing it too, how could you not?!