Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine

What fun it's been today to reminisce about my own dear sweetheart. What a love story we've had! Here are some pictures from the last 2 and 1/2 years, although our story began years before that. I love the adventurous side of my husband; God knew I needed that (as well as so many other characteristics of Jeff that help to complete me).

Oh, the places we've been...and Lord willing, the places we'll go!!!

~ Jeff with Jordanians playing the bagpipe(!) and drums...at Jerash in the country of Jordan
~ Jeff with a barely 3 year-old Josiah and 2 months-old David...in Tel Aviv, Israel...a few blocks from where we used to live
~ our family at the Furness Abbey in England...truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been
~ Jeff with a rattlesnake he killed in California...my hero!

~ Jeff helping Josiah walk on a wall...somewhere in Arizona or New Mexico...this was during our cross-country trip in September of 2005
~ at a B&B in Virginia in 2006, celebrating our 9th anniversary

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos -- you really are an adventurous family! I'm terrified of travelling with small children (I've never done it), but luckily Jumps and I have managed a few short holidays overseas since Boo was born as my parents are willing babysitters.

Elizabeth said...

Ahhhh!!!!! So sweet!

I love that you both are adventurous! What lovely pictures!!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!

Julie said...

What a sweet post. It's fun to see pictures of Jeff and you over the years. What a fun history together.

Anonymous said...

As I recall your time at a B&B was in WEST VIRGINIA. As a native born West Virginian, I just have to stand up for my native state.
Dad

Davene said...

Dad, you're so funny. Thanks for catching my mistake...although in this case, it wasn't actually a mistake. :)

Actually, our B&B trip for our 10th anniversary in 2007 was indeed to West Virginia; you're right about that. But this particular photo is from our 9th anniversary, and we did spend that one in Virginia (actually, at the B&B close to where Donna used to live).

Thanks for keeping me on my toes! :)