Monday, February 11, 2008

Visitors

We've had our own batch of "wise men" (and women) who have come to admire our newborn king...er, baby. They never fail to bring the gift of their presence, showering us with joy and sparkly laughter; and many times they bring presents, too. :) Here are some of the latest visitors (and if you were some of the earliest and you're wondering why I haven't posted your picture yet, well, all I can say is that I still plan to do so, so don't give up!). :)
~ Vicky and Leanna came by on Saturday evening...Josiah and David LOVE these girls (we all do!), and we were so glad to see them!
~ this is Tobin's utterly relaxed, casually draped over the shoulder look...I melt whenever he does this to me, but of course I've never been able to capture a picture of that...I was glad to catch him in this pose with Vicky though
~ on Sunday, we had Omar over for lunch (and we missed his wife Anna Kathryn who was out of town)...David calls Anna Kathryn "Eby Grandma" and is (obviously) very fond of Omar, too...it was so odd to cook a real meal again, because I literally have not had to do that in a month...we have been blessed beyond measure to have meals supplied--mostly by church friends, but also by the incredible Myers family and the amazing McClay family--this first month of Tobin's life...fortunately, I had not forgotten completely how to cook...the best part of the meal though was the conversation, and Omar always adds a lot to any discussion of which he is a part!
~ this is my Aunt Elaine, one of the most jovial people I know...she came by this morning, and we thoroughly enjoyed her visit!...she brought such cute, thoughtful clothes for Tobin (on one outfit were two dinosaurs, one for Josiah and one for David, so they'll always be close to Tobin...and on the other outfit was, as Aunt Elaine put it, "Tobin's ark"...sure, she's taking a few liberties with rewriting the Bible, but I've got to admit that "Tobin's ark" has a rather nice ring to it!)...she also brought four kinds of cookies--FOUR!--and they're all scrumptious (I had to sample one of each kind, of course!)

All of these people (and so many others that I want to write about--Nell-Marie, Valerie, etc.) bring such unique blessings into our lives! Thank you!!!

1 comment:

Christin said...

Looks like fun times! So even though the winter is still here, it seems God is sending you Sunshine in a different way, eh? ;)