Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Big Brothers

During this week of adjustment, it's been "interesting" to see how Josiah and David have responded. That's a whole other topic that I don't have time to write about here...

But one of the very fun things that Jeff did for the big boys was to set up our tent in the middle of the living room--a simple idea, but a great one, because it's given them a new area in which to play and new adventures to enjoy. For example, one day I showed up in the living room and noticed two of my kitchen pans with dinosaurs in them. I guess the boys had been cooking a meal for their camp-out and decided to have a little dinosaur meat. Wonder what that would have tasted like... :)

~ David wrote this all by himself...can you tell what it is?...J-O-S-I-A-H...the first word David wrote...I'm so proud, but David was tearily disappointed because the "H" didn't turn out the way he wanted because of the way the erasing mechanism on this board was blocking his room to write...but I think it's fantastic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the sleepy daddy on the couch. The sleepless nights will end! Mine is sleeping so much better now that we are almost in month 3!
SH

Julie said...

What a fun idea! It's nice that Daddy has time off to hang out with everyone. Katie had a cute story Tues. when she asked Josiah if he had anything to tell her...and he told her all about his watch (I think it was a watch).

It reminded me of one of my kindergarten students (who will graduate from HS this year...but that's a different story) after his mom had a baby 3 weeks into the school year. I asked if there was anything new at his house. He paused. Shook his head. Then his eyes lit up. "I got a new yellow Power Ranger!" They all process in their own way and just need time to settle into their new reality.

I had one child who made the comment, "I wish we didn't have the new baby." once upon a time (many,many years ago...and don't tell, but I may have deep down secretly felt the same way at that minute, too). And they truly wished that and just needed time to adjust to the whole idea (as did I!). But here we are, and we have adjusted many times over.

Love to you all!!!

Elizabeth said...

What a cool idea for the boys!!! They are going to have such happy memories =)