Monday, October 8, 2007

Little Fish #1

Josiah has started taking swimming lessons--once a week on Saturday mornings for half an hour at our community swimming pool (which has a "bubble" over it to make it functional in the fall/winter). Despite him looking somewhat less-than-overjoyed in these pictures, he is actually having a great time with his lessons! The first week there were two other children besides Josiah in the class, and last week there was only one other boy there...so Josiah is getting lots of personal attention from the teacher! I really hope Josiah takes after his daddy--who is an excellent swimmer--and not me--who loves the water but would drown very quickly if left in deep water for longer than a minute or two. :) The swimming lessons I had as a child didn't "take," probably because of my fear of having my head beneath the water. I no longer have that fear, so maybe someday, I'll take swimming lessons again...and have more success this time! But that's one of those far-off dreams that now takes a backseat to watching my children fulfill dreams. :)


1 comment:

Christin said...

FUN!! Charis and Jet are going to start swimming lessons in the near future. I'm excited to see how she does. ;) It was supposed to happen this past summer, but she wanted to do soccer instead.