Friday, October 19, 2007

Sometimes It Drives Me Crazy

I am not a computer whiz.

Whenever I have questions about using the computer or doing this blog, I always call on my resident computer expert: Jeff. It's a good thing he has a bachelor's degree in computer information systems! :)

But now...I'm puzzled...and have been for a while. Blogger is driving me a bit crazy with the way it formats my posts. When I type it, it looks nice and neat with paragraph breaks, etc. But when I post it, all that disappears and suddenly things are scrunched together. Argh!!!

Has anybody else had this problem? And if so, have you figured out how to fix it?

It seems to occur when I have more than one picture in a post; but no matter what I do to format the post, it seems to revert to Blogger's format every time.

I think computers really do have a mind of their own...but I sure would love to hear anybody's ideas for how to change this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this entry starts off with just "<p>". The one directly below it starts with "<p></p><div align="left">". Basically, you have a newline at the start of the post.

Davene said...

Thanks, I think...but I'm still clueless. :)

You must be talking about HTML stuff which I really have no idea how to figure out!

Jolanthe said...

It does the same for me at times. And even when I mess with the html and "fix it" the preview can still appear different than when it actually posts. I'm not sure what the issue is, but you are not alone. It does bug me enough that I go in a day or two later and edit the post - just to make it look nice. :)

New Mom said...

I have the SAME problem. AAAGHHH! It takes me FOREVER to post pics with captions. What a waste of a busy mother's time! If you find out a solution, let me know.

Christin said...

Yep. same problem. No idea why. Sometimes it lets me fix it days later. Sometimes not. It does bother me...but not enough to try and wrap my brain around HTML. ;)

Foxy5 said...

my husband has become an html freak. So when I get aggravated at an ugly post I have him "crack the code" It used to bug me that he could go in there and change a few letters and everything would fall into place, but I've learned to use his nerdiness for my benefit. :) So, um... I guess my answer to you would be "no. I do not know how to fix it, but my husband does!" :)

Kimberly said...

Try adding the brackets with br in between them where you want the new paragraph. (It won't let me post the comment with it to show you. In other words: the less than symbol, BR, then the greater than symbol. < b r > without the spaces) I believe it stands for break. It usually works.