Monday, October 8, 2007

Relief Sale

Our local Mennonites held their annual relief sale on Saturday to raise money for various service projects around the world. We had given the Lowerys lots of choices about what we could do that day; and they chose to go to this which, when combined with driving home from the sale "the back way" (through Mennonite farm country) definitely gave them a feel for a unique aspect of our local culture! Well, that, and spending time with our next-door neighbors who are Old Order Mennonites...and passing horses & buggies while driving Sunday morning...it all combined to show them a slice of our life. And you know what else? It made me think (for the bazillionth time), "I'm so glad I live here!"
~ you can't go to the relief sale and not eat freshly-made doughnuts--you just can't do it!
~ cutest little kitty cat ever
~ Josiah chose a rainbow for his cheek (which was interesting because the very next night as I drove to a nearby farm to get milk, I saw a rainbow in the sky, which is not tremendously common around here) -- if I remember correctly, this was the very first time I had ever let the boys get their faces painted --oh, well, it was for a good cause, I thought...and they sure loved it :)

2 comments:

Jolanthe said...

So I wonder if we were there at the same time and I could have met you in person!! :) We definitely had to make a stop to get donuts - and have a tractor ride...and get chips...:)

You look great, by the way!!

Jolanthe

p.s. can I put a link to your site from mine? that way I can check it out quick - and others can too?

Promise Christian Academy said...

You do live in a beautiful area!
Hilda Rebecca