Thursday, May 29, 2008

All Aboard!

More pictures from our fun-filled day at Cass Scenic Railroad...

By the way, I don't know how we ever survived without digital cameras! Want to guess how many pictures/video clips we took during our Cass trip? 133. Let's see...how many rolls of film would that have been? And how much would each of those rolls have cost? And the developing? I don't even want to think about it. Of course, if it wasn't for our digital camera, we wouldn't have taken nearly as many pictures...but we would have missed capturing on film some great moments. So to whoever invented digital cameras, thank you!
~ Tobin, all set to go on his first train ride
~ doesn't this picture just make you want to roll down this track, just to see what's around the bend? doesn't it stir up the adventurous spirit in you?
~ because the mountain we climbed was so steep, the train had to use several switchbacks to ascend...in the above picture, we're waiting for another train (which was going up) to come and go into the switchback first; then our train (which was going down) went into the switchback, then headed down the track...a neat way of "passing" each other on the track
~ my mother making sure David didn't fall out of the train!
~ a moth decided that Grandma's white shirt was the perfect place to land...of course, I had to take a picture before we shooed it away
~ our train taking on water before we got to the top...Conductor Bob, our very generous friend, is the man in the khaki shirt
~ train hats make the adventure even more fun
~ out of all the beautiful things we saw that day, I love these dear faces the most: Josiah's...
~ ...David's, Jeff's...
~ ...and Tobin's
~ the gorgeous view from the top

~ Josiah and David playing air guitar by a caboose

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you do so many wonderful things as a family. Your boys will have so many cherished memories from their childhood.

What beautiful pictures! You are becoming quite the photographer.

Marie said...

What fun Davene! I was so happy to see you in the picture! You are adorable!

I love train trips!! I agree with Jaedan's mom, your boys are going to have such happy memories!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures -- what a lovely day! And isn't your littlest man just adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Davene said...

Jaedan's Mom, to be honest, Jeff took 7 of the pictures in this post. By nature, he has a more artistic eye than I do...he gets it from his dad who was a professional artist. Jeff is talented in that area but has never pursued it, as far as a vocation goes. Some of us (me) have to work so hard to do what comes easily to others (Jeff)! :)

New Mom said...

David looks so cute in his little hat!

Margie said...

Two thoughts: first, Tobin looks so LITTLE in his carseat; it's easy to forget our babies were all that small.

Second, I loved seeing the picture of you! Through all your posts I'm really getting to know you AND your family. How fun! Thanks for sharing all the stories and pictures. (And another comment: I just learned my mom prints out my posts for my dad to read, just like your dad does yours for your mom. I thought of you when I heard that.)

MrsTribble said...

Oh my word, I wish i could hold little Tobin! He's so cute!

Ceci said...

It looks like you guys had a blast at Cass Railroad. We really want to take Sydney and Meredith, but just haven't set aside a time. I will have to call you and ask you which way you went. Evidently there are several ways to go. I think the last time I was there was when I was 10 or so years old. Long time ago! :-)
-Ceci