Sunday, May 18, 2008

Father & Son

I realize that I haven't yet posted any pictures from our trip this past week to Portsmouth and Norfolk. Here then is a start.

I absolutely loved these pictures of Jeff and Tobin together in the Children's Museum we visited because the photos are just so "normal." Just a daddy and his son being together, hanging out, looking, learning, sharing life. Only one of the countless moments that make up Tobin's life, but part of the fabric of love and fun and security that he gets from his father.

It reminds me of a quote that I read this week from Jean Paul Richter:
The words that a father speaks to his children in the privacy of home are not heard by the world, but, as in whispering-galleries, they are clearly heard at the end and by posterity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Simply sweet.

Cheaper by the Baker's Dozen said...

Well, I just spent a nice hour catching up on your blog. I love your babies hair!

And it brought back great memories reading about your Kindergarten curriculum choices.

The joy you find in your vocation is evident by your words :)

P.S. I'm doing some research on how many comments PW really gets. The one I looked at was a contest entry. Maybe it said 1,000 - but I'm pretty sure the winner's number was way up in the thousands!

I can't imagine getting even 400 comments about something I cooked LOL!