Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Spontaneous Husband

It's good to be married to Mr. Spontaneous. It helps me to break out of the ruts in which I occasionally find myself trudging along. :)

Jeff's latest spur-of-the-moment idea was to take a picnic supper to a local park; and since today he cut the hair of one of the local pizza delivery guys and got "paid" in pizza, it wasn't difficult to choose (or prepare!) the food for our picnic. I think it's great that Jeff sometimes gets paid in goods and not always money. We get our lawn mowed that way, as well as pizza from several pizza places in town...and Jeff even "bought" a bike that way.

Our time at the park this evening was a lot of fun, capped off by the unexpected chance to see some new friends from church who were there to watch their children play soccer. We stayed to watch the game for a little way...until a few sprinkles of rain fell and chased us into the minivan to have a leisurely drive home "the back way."

Thank you, Jeff, for this spontaneous outing...and for the joy that you bring to the hearts and lives of me and our boys!

~ although it wasn't that cold outside, I'm glad we took this blanket for Tobin because it came in handy as a cover for him while we walked back to our car through the rain...he was so contented tonight as we ate our pizza and the big boys played on the playground and we watched the soccer game, but that's not unusual since he normally is a laid-back little guy!

5 comments:

Julie said...

How fun! You were blessed for blessing us by not having to cook :-) Thank you for cooking for us yesterday. Glad you enjoyed your picnic supper. Hugs to you, my friend!!!

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun and relaxing day!! I love picnics...we often go to messiah for picnics by the creek. Next time you're here...;-)

Marie said...

Its funny how much fun we can have when it is spur of the moment! I'm glad you guys had such a beautiful day!!

Anonymous said...

I believe you are the most blessed when you can take joy in the little things.

I'm sure your boys loved having pizza in the park! What a fun evening!!

Jolanthe said...

Had fun meeting with you. :) Glad you had a fun dinner with your kids and a relaxing night with the boys.

Jolanthe