Friday, May 30, 2008

This Summer in Nazareth!

On July 3, Jeff will be flying to Israel to serve in Nazareth by teaching English for a few weeks. I am overjoyed that he has this opportunity...proud beyond words that he's making the sacrifice to do this...and already looking forward to July 21, the day of his return! It will be, by far, the longest time we've been apart during our marriage. While Jeff was deliberating about whether to take this trip or not, I encouraged him to go by reminding him of our motto when we first met in Jerusalem as students: carpe diem. His response made me love him even more: "But I haven't carpe diemed without you in a decade!" That man! He brings me so much joy.

For more info about Jeff's trip, you can click here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a hilarious husband (without meaning to be, of course, which makes him even sweeter)!

Gina said...

What a sweet husband! I discovered your blog via Bek. Your family is precious.

Chris said...

I'm convinced that God has some awesome tasks ahead for Jeff. God plans on using him to further his glory. I don't think you realize how important your support is for Jeff. It breaks a man to have his most beautiful "extra" part of him (his woman) pull in a different direction than where God is pulling. Thank you Davene for being so aware of God's leading, apparently, you realized that this is where God was leading before Jeff!