Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just One...

...picture tonight before I fall into bed, exhausted but very happy after our day trip to Pennsylvania.
~ hands on the piano: my mother's and Elizabeth's (my niece)...Elizabeth serenaded us with a few pieces this afternoon, and my mother joined in for a few grandmother/granddaughter duets...I was struck by the contrasts: obviously the white against black of the keyboard, but also the wrinkled aged hands and the smooth young hands...my hands were once smooth, but will be wrinkled someday...we women in my mother's family do not have beautiful hands, but they are strong and capable hands, with tender and gentle fingertips, full of compassion and love--and, like today, sometimes full of music

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A lovely photo -- and perfect sentiments to match. I so hope to become an old lady (so many people I know haven't made it to old age) and enjoy the company of my grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

Love this photo. What a treasure.

The wisdom in aged hands is such a valuable gift in my eyes. I love looking at my grandmothers hands.

Margie said...

This is GREAT. I love everything about this picture. It tells a great story all by itself.