Thursday, March 5, 2009

20 Weeks...

I'm quickly approaching the 21 week mark; but before I hit that milestone, I'll post a picture from 20 weeks, 4 days.  This photo was taken on the balcony of our hotel room in Virginia Beach yesterday morning.  I'm not thrilled with my squinty-eyed-in-the-morning-sun look, but I've nothing better to post for week 20 so this will have to do.  :)

For the most part, I have been feeling quite comfortable at this stage of pregnancy--to my surprise, since I was expecting various aches and pains to have kicked in by this point.  But I had my share of them that night we spent in a hotel!  I was so tired that I slept well for the first few hours of the night; but after that, I kept waking up with a sore back, aching hips, cramped everything, it seemed.  I tossed and turned from side to side, trying in vain to find relief, remembering how I felt when pregnant with David in Israel.  Our mattress there in Israel wasn't anything to brag about; and I continually had sore hips and would often wish in the night that I had more than two sides to choose from, as far as how I laid in bed!  That's how I felt Tuesday night; and it sure made me grateful to get back home, sleep in my own wonderful bed, and wake up feeling good this morning!

Concerning names...our girl's name has been decided for quite some time, of course; and we had settled on a boy's name, too...or so I thought.  Another name got thrown into the pot during this trip, and now it's up in the air.  When pregnant with Tobin, I was SO EAGER to decide on his name; but with this one, I have an uncharacteristic amount of patience concerning a boy's name.  We've got some ideas.  We'll figure it out.  We've got time.  We won't leave the hospital without a name on the birth certificate.  There's nothing to fret about.  All is well.  :)

6 comments:

Sally said...

I don't think you look "squinty-eyed"! As usual, I think you look great! The ocean looks beautiful too. What a great view from your hotel!

Kristen said...

You look great! Thanks for being so faithful to post pictures of yourself...I was not so good at it, but if there is another little dolan I promise to be better! ...as for being sore when you sleep on not so great mattresses, maybe you could take a body pillow to put inbetween your legs when you travel...or even just a spare regular pillow. I actually have to sleep with one all of the time, but it is extra helpful when away. :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful record of your appearance and feelings at this special time. A new baby! Oh, you are lucky.

Unknown said...

I deleted my "Rant" post, unsure how many it would offend. However, I do need to get that info back from you about the free home school info. My email is dbnhbaker@aol.com if you just want to catch me there. I need your email address too.

Blessings!

Elizabeth said...

You look so cute! I hope you will be sleeping better. Maybe its because you are not in your own bed.

:)

Margie said...

You look really great in the picture, Davene!