Sunday, March 1, 2009

Simple Sunday - Mother

~ so very thankful for my dear mother...thankful for God's hand on her in a special way this week as she went through a period of sickness...thankful for God restoring her to health (though she's still feeling extra tired and weak)...thankful for the full day I was able to spend with her in the hospital on Tuesday, feeding her ice chips, chatting with her visitors, wanting her nurses to respond MUCH faster than they did :), watching Little House on the Prairie together, and occasionally just watching her sleep...thankful for a lifetime of love that we've shared, and the promise of more memory-making moments in the future
The verse I've been reminded of today as I've thought about my mom is Proverbs 31:25,
"She can laugh at the days to come..."




9 comments:

Tim and Michelle said...

I don't often take the time to comment, but I just want you to know that I appreciate you sharing your life with us in a real way...and for all your sweet comments on our blog too- they are an encouragement :)

Unknown said...

Lovely pic -- and oh! that new header seems to be from a different time. Is that really what you see around you?

Davene said...

Morning, yes, it is what we see! The Old Order Mennonite culture in our area is a treasure.

If you ever come to the States, make sure you plan a stop in Virginia, OK? You can stay with us; and if you include a Sunday in your visit here, we'll make sure you get to see lots and lots of Mennonites in buggies! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the new header and theme as well--very nice!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful today for the wonderful playlist you have here on your blog. I've been blessed by your song selections. I noticed it on here before but hadn't utilized it. Thank you for putting that feature on here! :-)

Unknown said...

You are truly blessed to have a mother like her. I am happy for you. And I know you are the same kind of mom to your sons.

Christin said...

I was thinking she's truly blessed to have a daughter like you. ;)

I pray my daughters feel the same way about me when they are my age.

Margie said...

I love that picture of your mom, and your thoughts in this post. And your new header, too! Did you take the picture, Davene?

Davene said...

Actually, the photo credit for this header goes to Jeff. One of these days when I don't have exciting trips to post about :), I need to do an odds & ends post to catch up on a variety of things, including the header pics I've used so far this year. Hopefully I'll get to that soon!