Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How to Get Away--for Cheap!

Step A: Homeschool your children.

Step B: Take advantage of Colonial Williamsburg's current fantastic deal for homeschoolers, and pay only $15 for admission for the whole family (as compared to the regular price of $21.95 for just one adult ticket).

Step C: Get a deal on a sweet suite (lame joke, I know) in Virginia Beach--oceanfront, of course. Stay on a Tuesday night in the off-season, when it's ridiculously cold for early March, during the middle of an economic recession; and you'll pay only $58 total (for a suite that could easily go for $175 or up during peak-season).

Step D: The next day, visit the Children's Museum of Virginia in Portsmouth, a place to which you already have a membership (with reciprocity with your local children's museum as well as many other ones around the States). Your entrance fee: free!

Step E: Have a great time, and take lots of pictures to show your friends when you get home. :)
~ David, the cutest little patriot in Williamsburg yesterday
~ a very cold Josiah on the beach this morning, experiencing frozen sand for the first time in his life
~ Tobin in the little tot play area at the Children's Museum today

More pictures to come! :)

9 comments:

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

Oh, I wish I would have known you were coming my way, I would have met you somewhere. :-) We really enjoyed homeschool week at Colonial Williamsburg/Jamestown last year. Anyway, I'm glad you all had fun in our neck of the woods! Come again.

Sally said...

Wow! I didn't know such a thing as homeschool week existed anywhere! It looks like you all took advantage of a lot, and I'm assuming had lots of fun. I do want to get together with you sometime and learn more of your tips and tricks and hopefully gain some of your wisdom in child-rearing/homeschooling. I'm just waiting for the viruses to quit ravaging our household so we won't be contagious and inflict them on you. Soooo....hopefully after Hannah gets better we can all be well for a change!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Step F: Relax knowing you have many praying that you have a wonderful time as you herd those turtles through the maze of wonder and fun. I hope you are having a great time (or should I say "suite" time? *snicker*) : D

Charree said...

It looks like all of you are having a great time. What a great deal on Williamsburg. I have always wanted to go there. I've heard that it is beautiful.

~Charree

Unknown said...

Do you know the dates for next year? Once I know, we'll do all that you suggest!

Unknown said...

You certainly don't need to spend much to have a ball -- Boo and I spend Wednesday afternoon sometimes taking a walk along the river, then to the second-hand shop, half an hour for a play and 30c icecream at McDonald's, then a $1/week video from the shop to take home. All those treats for next to nothing!

Elizabeth said...

What great ideas! And how fun!!!!

Jolanthe said...

how long is the williamsburg deal going on? this would be too fun!

Margie said...

I meant to leave a comment on this post earlier, and now realize I didn't, so here's what I wanted to say: the only time I've ever been to Colonial Williamsburg happened to be during one of the worst ice storms ever in that area. It was Christmas 1996 or 1997. I've always wanted to return to get the whole experience. The little bit I saw was a treat.