Sunday, March 22, 2009

Simple Sunday - Lullabies

~ thankful for this CD, Sing Over Me, a collection of beautifully- and peacefully-sung lullabies and worship songs...for each of our sons, we've chosen a different lullaby to be his very own...The New Baby, of course, is no exception, but needs to be given a lullaby, too!...I can't remember where I first saw this CD mentioned, but we got it recently for "free" (using Ebay money from stuff we sell) and I have listened to it over and over...I don't know if it will calm our baby as much as it calms me, but it certainly is effective when I need an infusion of peace and gentleness!...I haven't decided for sure which lullaby will be the one for our newest blessing, but I'm leaning towards "Hold On To Jesus"...I'm so grateful for the power of music and for the opportunity to bless our children through it
"The Lord your God is with you.  
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you.
He will quiet you with His love.
He will rejoice over you with singing!"

Zephaniah 3:17


4 comments:

Chris said...

Davene, I Love Zeph. 3:17! That verse has always amazed me. Just meditating on the fact that the infinite God of the universe rejoices over an insignificant sinner like me is amazing!

Sally said...

That's truly a great verse. I hadn't remembered it for a long time. Thanks for the reminder.

I think it is neat that each of your children have their own lullaby. You are so creative!

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better. God Bless

Charree said...

This is one of the best CD's I have. I listen to it all the time.