Sunday, March 15, 2009

Simple Sunday - Maple Buds

~ thankful for the signs of spring popping up all around me, like these buds on our maple trees...Robert Frost once wrote that "Nature's first green is gold..." but if you're referring to one of our October Glory trees, the correct color is neither green nor gold, but crimson!
"See, the winter is past...flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land...the blossoming vines spread their fragrance...arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me." ~ from Song of Songs 2:11-13

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely post! :p The verse is so beautiful!

Happy Sunday Davene.

Elizabeth said...

Spring is such a gift and we've been relishing the sights of new growth, too...cool! Thanks Davene!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love to see signs of spring popping up! It's so encouraging! Hope you're feeling well with your pregnancy, too! :)
Carrie