Friday, July 20, 2007

A Happy Learning Spot

When I was a girl, I had a wonderful old desk at home, the old-fashioned kind with chair attached and a lid that lifted above a space for keeping school supplies. You probably know the type. Unfortunately, that old desk went the way of all things, and I have no idea where it is now; but when I saw this little desk/chair recently on ebay, I knew right away that I would like for the boys to have it. We are fortunate enough to sell some things on ebay, and that gives us money to buy things on ebay, and it's a great system that I am extremely thankful for! So it was an easy decision about whether or not to purchase this. (And it was actually surprisingly cheap!) Gotta love ebay!!! :)
~ here is Jeff assembling the desk...the boys were actually singing "Hallelu, hallelu, hallelu, hallelujah! Praise ye the Lord!" while I took this picture--thus, the raised arms as they sang their part (you just can't sing that song and not do the arm motions, right?) :)
~ Josiah using the new desk for some math work this morning
~ proudly showing off his pages
~ and, of course, little brother has to have a turn...he's hard at work studying Thomas the train on his LeapPad :)

No comments: