Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Week 15

Week 15 has come and is almost gone, and the main highlight that I should have reported last week was my latest appointment with my midwives. It was a wonderfully smooth, peaceful, short appointment. Everything looked good, baby's heartbeat sounded great (145 bpm), my blood pressure was excellent (124 over 76), weight gain was normal (3 lbs.)...all good signs!

My next appointment will be on August 29 when I am 20 weeks, and it will be the all-important, most-exciting ultrasound appointment to FIND OUT WHETHER WE'RE HAVING A BOY OR A GIRL!!! With both Josiah's and David's pregnancies, the boys cooperated perfectly during the ultrasounds; and they were very easy to distinguish as boys. We'll see if this little one cooperates as well. :)

So, the theory goes that a slower fetal heartbeat (more like 120 bpm) signals a boy, while a faster one (around 160 bpm) indicates a girl. The fact that ours was squarely in the middle indicates that we have no clue what we're having! But I'm curious, any of the other moms out there find a correlation between their baby's heart rate and their gender???

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Both of mine rang true for their heartbeats- Audrey's was faster, and Brady's was slower. Ask my mom though and she'll tell you that all 10 of us had differing heart beats and that it never indicated what she was having.