Saturday, July 7, 2007

How Can It Be Summer without a Sprinkler?



Is there anyone out there who, as a child, never ran through a sprinkler on a hot summer day? Anyone at all??? I don't think it's legal to grow up without this experience! :)

I have great memories of doing this with my brother David...well, all the memories are great except for the one time when I actually stepped on the sprinkler as I ran through the water and cut my foot on a sharp piece of metal. But other than that, it's all good!

Jeff revived those memories tonight when he got out the sprinkler for our boys. David loved the "rain"--or "wain, wain!" as he called it. And Josiah, after his initial hesitation, got very good at running through it.

Ah, sweet summertime!

2 comments:

Liberty Woods said...

Too fun.... Trenice loves the sprinkler too. I'll have to send you some pics of him in the yard dancing around in the water. He loves it so much that he is now taking showers most nights (he's not even 18 months old yet, stop growing up so fast!).

Davene said...

I would love to see those pics of him...he's such a cute boy!!! And it seems to me that he's ALWAYS been on a roll, trying to grow up fast. :)