Saturday, July 28, 2007

Still Kickin'

Despite my recent absence from the world of computers/blogging/life beyond Sylvan Drive, etc., I am still alive and kicking; and no catastrophes have befallen any of us. Just normal life busy-ness has kept me away from the computer for the past few days. I apologize if I caused any undue anxiety to anyone (well, that would be one of you who IMed me this morning to make sure I was still alive!) by my silence. :)

My mind has been busy with various topics to write about, but I have had a hard time finding the time to do it. My options for blogging are usually afternoons when the boys are sleeping or nights after they're in bed. The past few days, I have been so tired in the afternoon that I have needed to take a nap, thus eliminating the possibility of blogging. And our evenings have been extra busy, it seems--with a houseful of guests last night and an impromptu pow-pow with our neighbors on the lawn on Thursday night and an at-home movie night with Jeff on Wednesday night. So there went my other window of opportunity for blogging. Oh, well, life goes on...and, boy, does it ever!

Here are a few pictures from this past week to fill in the gap a bit:
~ on Wednesday morning, Jeff and Josiah took our dog Molly to the vet for her routine rabies shot, so David and I had some time together; it was really interesting to see how content he was to play by himself; for his whole life, he's had a big brother who has been an almost constant companion for him, so David hasn't had as much experience with entertaining himself as, say, Josiah did as a toddler; but on this particular morning, David had great fun setting up these chess pieces, and then...
~ playing on this train board that Jeff made some time ago for Josiah; David learned quickly that if you can't reach all the things you want to get to, well, by all means, climb on the board and plop down in the middle so you have access to everything!
~ later on Wednesday, Jeff (with the boys' "help") made some yummy no-bake cookies; I don't know if many people realize what a good cook Jeff is; he doesn't cook often, but when he does, it's always delicious!

No comments: