Friday, July 6, 2007

Week 12

As promised, here is the official notification of the first "Wearing of Maternity Clothes"! Wednesday, the 4th, I wore a maternity t-shirt with the word "BABY" on it--in part, because it was red and white (and with my blue jean capris, looked patriotic)--and also because I knew I would be seeing some old friends that may not have heard about my pregnancy and it was an easy way to announce it. Plus, I admit that at this stage of pregnancy, I'd like to wear a sign around my neck saying, "I'm pregnant, not fat"--just in case anyone wonders. :)

For the record, the outfit in the above picture is also maternity. :)

It is a good feeling to have gotten to 12 weeks and supposedly be out of the "danger zone"--although I know there's always "danger," and my friend Ashley who had a recent stillbirth at 20 weeks shows how fragile life is...and how beautiful faith is.

5 comments:

New Mom said...

I know exactly what you mean about the "pregnant-- not fat" thing. I am pretty thin and it was so funny looking when I was around 3-4 months with my little pooch sticking out. It looked like I was one of those skinny girls with a gut! Like my stomach was distended. It was nice when that stage passed and everyone felt comfortable to ask, "Are you pregnant?" After that stage, I really felt like I looked pretty pregnant. It was a nice feeling:)

Anonymous said...

davene, you look radiant! :) it's so fun to watch your belly grow! love ya! michelle benner

Anonymous said...

When I was on vacation I saw a shirt that said 'Yes, I'm pregnant!" That is sooo how I feel rigt now. I would have bought it if it hadn't ben so expensive!

Melissa said...

Aw, you're definitely looking pregnant! And you are looking very lean and posed, how tall are you? I hope you're feeling well and I'm glad things are going well so far! Thanks for pictures!

Melissa :D

Davene said...

Melissa, I am 5'7", I think. It's been a while since I was measured for height, but I'm guessing it (unlike girth) hasn't changed much recently. :)