Thursday, November 1, 2007

Who Doesn't Love a Bargain?

At the end of last week, I stopped by a small local fruit market to buy some freshly-made, not pasteurized, cider. For the cider purists among us, pasteurized just doesn't cut it! :)

In the market, there were a few shelves with odds and ends lying around on them. While I was waiting for the cider press to finish filling my 3 gallons, I asked the owner if the things were for sale or just for decoration. He said they were for sale but that he didn't really know how to price them or how much they were worth. When I indicated my interest in the metal bucket pictured below, he indicated that I could throw out a price and he would consider it. Well, I'm a little rusty in my bargaining ability since I haven't had to do a whole lot of that since we left Israel (and, anyway, Jeff was the bargaining pro there, not me!); but in my head I was thinking that I'd be glad to get it for $10. Before I said anything though, the man said, "How about $5?" "Sure, that sounds OK," I said!!!

I LOVE this bucket. The style with the tin look and the pressed pineapple design is completely me. I am thrilled with this find and am happy to have a place to put the homeschooling books that we are currently using. Before I got this bucket, the books used to end up either back in the homeschool closet or on the kitchen table or counter or on the living room couch or floor or really anywhere in the house! It's much nicer to have one spot for them--and to have it be a decorative spot is icing on the cake!


1 comment:

New Mom said...

I agree, that is a really pretty bucket!